Date: 19th February, 2022
- Mr. Victor BALOGUN
- Mr. Daniel IBIKITAN
- Mr. Oluwabusayo ALABI
- Mr. Ademilola
Polling Centers Monitored:
- Young Tajudeen Primary School Okinni (Olorunsogo, Ofatedo, Dada Estate and Okinni)
- Salvation Army School Okefia Osogbo.
On the 19th of February 2022, The All Progressive Congress Osun State chapter had their gubernatorial primary elections between 3 nominees namely; Gboyega Oyetola, Moshood Adeoti and Lasun Yusuf. The APC chapter Osun State which is the ruling party in the state had all eyes on them due to the recent crisis within the party in recent times. Although the crisis has brought up some series of intra-party violence, the primary elections was a very peaceful one. The voting system used was Option A4.
CINB team members, were on ground at 2 polling venues to monitor proceedings and get the results from these venues. The report from these venues are given below
- Young Tajudeen Primary School Okinni (Ward 10, Egbedore LGA)
Accreditation of Voters started by 9am, then the actual voting started by 12pm and ended by 12.30 pm. There was no form of violence experienced and all proceedings went on in an orderly manner. Some members converged at the Egbedore Administrative Office and were paid some money by their agents. The results for the election at the polling venue is given below
Gboyega Oyetola: 1,864
Moshood Adeoti: 26
Lasun Yusuf: 0
Total number of votes: 1890
- Salvation Army School Okefia (Ward 5, Osogbo LGA)
Accreditation of the voters started by 8am but halted due to lack of proper coordination and some little disagreements and the process restarted at 10am. Voting proper started at 11am and ended by 12pm. There was no case of bribery or paying off party members at the polling unit. The results for the polling venue are given below.
Gboyega Oyetola: 2723
Moshood Adeoti: 75
Lasun Yusuf: 1
Total number of votes: 2799
The general results from 30 LGAs in Osun state is given below;
Gboyega Oyetola: 222,169
Moshood Adeoti: 12,921
Lasun Yusuf: 460
Total number of votes: 235,550
The elections across the Local Governments in Osun State went well and were reported to be peaceful also. The present Governor of the state, Gboyega Oyetola won the primaries and would be the flag-bearer of the party for the forth coming gubernatorial elections later in the year.
As a faith-based NGO, we must sensitize people on the dangers of vote selling and vote buying and encourage people to get their PVCs and vote in the main elections.
- More members should volunteer to join the election monitoring team for the major elections coming up for more coverage of polling units.
- There should be social media sensitization for voters on issues relating to vote buying.
- Encourage people to come out to vote and not to have fear of insecurities.
- Encourage voters to get their PVCs.